Your next steps to living Langley
Thank you for exploring our website and expressing your interest in living Langley with us.
On this page, you can learn the steps in the application process and download the materials you need to apply to our Primary, Lower, or Middle School. We look forward to getting to know your child! And please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
- Tour campus and/or attend an Information Session
- Submit application for admission
- Schedule student visit
- Complete parent interview
- Complete required testing (WPPSI-IV, WISC-IV or SSAT)
- Submit teacher recommendations and transcripts
- Submit financial aid application (optional)
- Notification Date and Enrollment
Tour Campus/Attend an Information Session (optional)
Individual tours can be scheduled on regular school days in the mornings. Please call the Admission Office at (703) 848-2782 to schedule a tour. Information sessions are also a popular way to tour the school, meet our head of school and other faculty and staff, and learn more about our program.
Complete an Application
The application deadline for the 2018-2019 school year is January 12, 2018. Click here to begin the online application.
To be considered for the preschool program, students must be three years of age by September 1 of the year they start school. Students applying to junior kindergarten and kindergarten must be four and five years old, respectively, by September 30 of the year they start school. Students applying to grades 1-8 are admitted to grade levels appropriate for their development.
Schedule a Student Visit
- Children applying to preschool through grade 1 will be scheduled to visit in Langley’s Primary School classrooms throughout the fall and winter.
- Students applying to grades 2 through 8 should plan to visit Langley during a school day between October and January. This visit will consist of one half school day spent in class with the student’s current grade and an admission assessment given in the afternoon.
- Visits will be scheduled with the Admission Office once an application has been received.
Complete Parent Interview
Either during your campus tour or during your child’s student visit, the admission team will meet with parents. The Langley School places great importance on the parent/school relationship, and we seek to understand your needs, perspectives, and requirements to ensure a successful partnership.
Complete Required Testing
- No testing is required for applicants to the preschool class.
- Parents of children applying to junior kindergarten through grade 5 should schedule an assessment at a professional evaluation center. For additional information, see the list of evaluation centers.
- Applicants to junior kindergarten, kindergarten, and grade 1 who are 5 years old and younger should take the WPPSI-IV.
- Applicants to grade 1 who are 6 years old should take the WISC-IV.
- Applicants to grades 2 through 5 should take the WISC-IV.
- Applicants to grades 6 through 8 should take the SSAT test. Students must pre-register with SSAT (www.ssat.org) and know that Langley’s school code is 4507.
- All testing is due by January 31, 2018.
Submit Teacher Recommendations and Transcripts
Teacher recommendations and transcripts must be sent directly from the applicant’s school or teacher to The Langley School by January 31, 2018. Find details and forms here.
Please note that Langley does accept the Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington's (AISGW) common recommendation.
Langley welcomes applications for financial aid. Funds are allocated on the basis of need as determined by Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) and The Langley School Financial Aid Committee. TADS application forms can be obtained at http://www.tads.com. Financial aid forms for new students are due before February 1, 2018. For returning students, forms are due by January 9, 2018. For more information, please see Tuition/Financial Aid.