Head of School Search Timeline
The following is our anticipated timeline for completing the search process. Dates are subject to change.
- The Langley School announces that Dr. Elinor Scully will be leaving Langley at the end of her contract, completing an eight-year tenure.
- Board of Trustees Chair Zac Merriman announces that Denise Haselhorst, a Board trustee, is appointed as the Search Committee chair.
- Carney, Sandoe & Associates is engaged as the head of school search firm.
- Search Committee members are appointed and announced.
- The timeline is outlined for the search process and appointment of a new head.
- Carney, Sandoe & Associates visits the Langley campus to conduct interviews with groups, including the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, parents, and students.
- Community survey is distributed.
- The head of school position is officially posted.
November 2019 to March 2020
- Candidates are recruited.
- Qualified candidates are interviewed.
- Semifinalists are invited to campus for final interviews.
April 2020 to Fall 2020
- Finalists visit campus to meet the Langley community.
- Board of Trustees meets with finalists.
- Board appoints head-elect and announces to the community.
- Dr. Elinor Scully concludes her final year as head of school.
- New head of school assumes responsibilities.