Summer 2024 is approaching, and for a second year, The Langley School’s Summer Studio will partner with TIC Summer Camp!
Summer 2024 at Langley will include two options: Summer Studio for rising preschool through grade 1 and TIC Summer Camp for rising grades 2-10. All classes will take place on Langley’s campus and will be open to non-Langley families as well as current students.
Summer Studio (rising preschool through grade 1)
Developed specifically for our earliest learners, ages 3-6, Summer Studio at The Langley School provides the ideal setting for students to build a supportive community, develop critical social-emotional and self-help skills, and expand their love of learning. Each themed week includes hands-on STEAM projects in small and whole groups, as well as developing vocabulary through centers and confidence around school routines. Sign up for one or more of our six weekly sessions from June 17-July 26, 2024. Extended day and bus transportation are available for an additional cost. Campers may attend mornings only as a half-day option or mornings and afternoons as a full-day option. There is no afternoon-only option. Registration opens to the public in January 2024.
If you have questions about Summer Studio, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Studio 2024 Offerings
- Leap Into Learning (rising kindergarten and grade 1): Each day, campers engage in hands-on language arts and math activities, outdoor play, and more.
- Jump Into Junior Kindergarten (rising JK): Four-year-olds engage in a variety of activities – such as art, music, creative play, and outdoor fun – aimed at promoting their physical, mental, and social development.
- Step Into Preschool (rising preschool): Young children love this guided introduction to a school environment, with experienced teachers guiding them.
Summer Studio 2024 Sessions
- Week 1 (Diving Into Decades): June 17-21 (4-day week, campus closed for Juneteenth)
- Week 2 (Insect Investigation): June 24-28
- Week 3 (Party in the USA): July 1-3 (3-day week, campus closed July 4-5)
- Week 4 (Around the World): July 8-12
- Week 5 (Green Week): July 15-19
- Week 6 (Aloha to Summer): July 22-26
Summer Studio 2024 Daily Schedule
- Morning Drop-Off: 8:00 a.m.
- Morning Classes: 8:30-11:25 a.m.
- Morning Pick-Up: 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Classes: 11:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Pick-Up: 3:00 p.m.
- Extend the Fun After-Care: 3:00-5:30 p.m.
NOTE: Full-day classes run from 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Summer Studio 2024 Pricing
- $300/week (mornings only)
- $600/week (full day)
*Adjustments will be made for shortened weeks 1 & 3
TIC Summer Camp (rising grades 2-10)
At TIC, kids learn by having fun! A DMV staple for the past 40 years, TIC Summer Camp is excited to be back on The Langley School campus in Northern Virginia this summer. TIC seeks to create an inclusive and encouraging environment that provides a healthy mind and body balance through collaboration, creativity, and growth. Campers ages 7 to 15 (grades 2-10) will spend half the day learning and designing in their choice of one of TIC’s signature technology programs and the other half in athletic activities.
So that campers can see their projects through to completion, TIC sessions are offered in two-week increments. Register for one or more sessions exploring one of the following: Programming, Film-making, 2-D Animation, Robotics, Digital Photo and Design, Digital Music, Minecraft Modding, or Circuits. The athletics portion of the day will include all kinds of sports, crazy games, water day, and lots of choice. Add-on cost options include drama, chess, creative arts, outdoor learning, extended day, and bus transportation.
General registration for TIC Camp opens December 2, 2023, here.