The Langley School’s Summer Studio program is partnering with TIC Summer Camp to serve students in preschool through 10th grade this summer! This year’s program features two tracks: Summer Studio for rising preschool through grade 1 and TIC Summer Camp for rising grades 2-10. All classes will take place on Langley’s campus and will be open to non-Langley families as well as our current students.
Summer Studio (rising preschool through grade 1)
Developed specifically for our earliest learners, The Langley School Summer Studio provides the ideal setting for students ages 3-6 to expand their love of learning throughout the summer months, develop critical social-emotional and self-help skills, and join a supportive community. Each themed week includes hands-on STEAM projects in small and large groups, as well as opportunities for students to develop vocabulary through centers and confidence around school routines. Sign up for one or more of our six weekly sessions from June 20-July 28, 2023. Extended day and bus transportation are available for an additional cost. Campers may attend mornings only as a half-day option or mornings and afternoons as a full-day option. There is no afternoon-only option.
If you have questions about Summer Studio, please contact us.
Summer Studio Offerings
- Leap Into Learning (rising kindergarten and grade 1): Each day, campers engage in hands-on language arts and math activities, outdoor play, and more.
- Jump Into Junior Kindergarten (rising JK): Experienced teachers lead 4-year-olds in a variety of activities – such as art, music, creative play, and outdoor fun – aimed at engaging them physically, mentally, and socially.
- Step Into Preschool (rising preschool): Young children love this relaxed introduction to a school environment, with experienced teachers guiding them.
Summer Studio 2023 Sessions
- Week 1 (A Pirate’s Life): June 20-23, 2023 (4-day week, campus closed for Juneteenth)
- Week 2 (Storybook Exploration): June 26-30, 2023
- Week 3 (Party in the USA): July 5-7, 2023 (3-day week, campus closed July 3-4)
- Week 4 (Around the World): July 10-14, 2023
- Week 5 (Out of this World): July 17-21, 2023
- Week 6 (Aloha to Summer): July 24-28, 2023
Summer Studio 2023 Daily Schedule:
- Morning Drop-Off: 8:00 a.m.
- Morning Classes: 8:30-11:25 a.m.
- Morning Pick-Up: 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon Classes: 11:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Pick-Up: 3:00- 3:30 p.m.
- Extend the Fun After-Care: 3:30-5:30 p.m.
NOTE: Full-day classes run from 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Mornings only run from 8:30 a.m.-11:25 a.m.
Summer Studio 2023 Pricing
- $300/week (Mornings Only)
- $600/week (Full Day)
*Adjustments will be made for Weeks 1 & 3
TIC Summer Camp (rising grades 2-10)
At TIC, kids learn by having fun! A DMV staple for the past 40 years, TIC Summer Camp is excited to be on The Langley School campus in Virginia this summer. TIC seeks to create an inclusive and encouraging environment that provides a healthy mind and body balance through collaboration, creativity, and growth. Campers ages 7 to 15 (grades 2-10) will spend half of the day learning and designing in their choice of one of TIC’s signature technology programs and the other half of the day in athletic activities.
So that campers can see their projects through to completion, TIC sessions are offered in two-week increments. Register for one or more sessions exploring one of the following: Programming, Filmmaking, 2-D Animation, Robotics, Digital Photo and Design, Digital Music, Minecraft Modding, or Circuits. The athletics portion of the day will include all kinds of sports, crazy games, water day, and lots of choice. Add-on cost options include drama, chess, creative arts, outdoor learning, extended day, and bus transportation.
Registration is now open!