The following endowment funds have been established to fund numerous programs and initiatives at Langley:
- The Banks Family Fund for Faculty
- The Banks Faculty Speaker Series for Continued Education
- The Mennen Endowment for Faculty Development
- The Betty J. Brown Endowment for Faculty Development
- Karen Dee Michalowicz Faculty Professional Development Fund
- Mark Robbins Memorial Endowed Faculty Fund for the Humanities
- Eileen Glenn Professional Development Fund
- General Faculty Development
Established in 1999 by Dick Snowdon, former Langley Board member and parent of Elizabeth Snowdon ’85, Andrew Snowdon ’82, and Ashley Snowdon ’90, and Cathy Gorrell, former Board member and parent of Sarah Gorrell ’97, Courtney Gorrell ’00, and Michael Gorrell ’05, this fund honors past Head of School Betty Brown for her more than 30 years of service to Langley. It provides funds for faculty development and supports Langley’s efforts to continue to attract and support exceptional educators.
This fund was established in 2012 in memory of Mark Robbins, beloved sixth-grade language arts teacher at The Langley School from 2004-2012. As Mr. Robbins modeled lifelong learning for both his students and his colleagues, this fund is awarded to a faculty member to further his or her professional growth in any of the humanities.
- Helene Layman Scholarship Fund
- Evelyn Swindler Scholarship Fund
- Claire M. Maxted Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Kyle Pecaro Scholarship Fund
- The Eileen Glenn Scholarship Fund
- The Maria Restrepo Scholarship Fund
- Ruth Huyler Glass Scholarship Fund
- Patricia Schmid Scholarship Fund
- Financial Aid Endowment (Banks Family)
- Jacquemin Family Foundation Scholarship
- The Glenn & Suzanne Youngkin Head of School Scholarship Fund
- General Financial Aid
Established in 2010, this fund was created by Langley parents Glenn and Suzanne Youngkin in consideration of the gifts of others and to demonstrate their appreciation and support for the educational experience provided by the school. The fund will help guarantee the school’s perpetuation by providing the ongoing financial means to award an annual scholarship.
- The Doris E. Cottam Endowment Fund
- The Sylvie Cachay Memorial Endowed Fund for the Arts
- The Christopher C. Biraben Endowment
- Director’s Endowment Fund
- General Endowment
Established in 2012 to honor Head of School Doris Cottam for her 13 years of service to Langley. This fund will support financial assistance to help students of every background take advantage of Langley's quality educational experience. It will also fund faculty/staff professional development, including a faculty sabbatical program.
The Sylvie Cachay Memorial Endowed Fund for the Arts was edstablished in 2012 by her loving parents, Dr. and Mrs. Antonio Cachay, family, friends, and the alumni community. The fund in memory of Ms. Cachay, a 1991 graduate of The Langley School, will be used to enhance The Langley School's fine and professional arts program with the goal of increasing student exposure to the arts.
The endowment was established in 1980 by Mrs. Lilly Jane Jacobs in loving memory of her grandson, former Langley student Christopher Biraben. The purpose was to provide a program for the benefit of all Langley students from any number of cultural enrichment areas including programs in music, dance, voice, drama, photography, sculpture, drawing, painting, creative writing and technology. The program could include an Artist-in-Residence Program.